Rush Hour- Post #8

This past week over Spring Break I found myself watching a lot of college basketball. Since March Madness started last week I watched almost every game while I was home on break. Due to this, I ended up watching a lot of CBS, one of the 4 networks that airs some of the games. I was very pleased to see that they were FINALLY promoting their new show Rush Hour. The promotion came in forms of commercials during the commercial breaks, and also during the game. During timeouts the announcers would often announce a little blurb about the show and at the bottom of the screen a lower third would appear that advertised the show. I was ecstatic when I saw the first promo on air last week. I have been waiting so long for CBS to start its promotional campaign of this show and they did not let me down. There is rumors that the show might get dumped after a few episodes, but at least CBS isn’t giving up on it just yet and they are hoping that by promoting it a lot, especially during much televised events like March Madness, that they will gain an audience. It is also interesting to point out that Rush Hour is definitely a show that skews more male than female, and this is also true for March Madness basketball. I think that CBS has a clear strategy in mind and I hope that it works out for them.