Me, Myself and I #3

The countdown has begun: it’s 2 days to the premiere of Me, Myself & I. As expected, social media buzz for the show lags behind the highly-anticipated, Young Sheldon, which premieres on the same night. Today, Young Sheldon has 10 times the number of Twitter followers and 14 times the number of YouTube views for its first look preview.

Interestingly, social media posts heavily feature interviews with Bobby Moynihan, and not the equally prominent John Larroquette. This could be because social media users, particularly on Twitter, tend to fall in the younger 18-49 range, and will likely be more familiar with the former SNL star.

Compared to YouTube and Facebook, Twitter is the platform where Me, Myself & I has been the most active and received the highest engagement. This is both because of the nature of the platform, which allows for high posting and re-tweeting frequency without fatiguing fans, and the type of content that thrives on Twitter. For example, because of the show’s strong ties to basketball (young Alex is obsessed with Michael Jordon), a cast member interviewed Lakers owner, Jeanie Buss. The clip garnered 239 likes on Twitter but only 9 on Facebook, underscoring the prominence of sports-related content on Twitter.