Rush Hour- Post #5

Finally, the promo tour starts its full effect with CBS’ new show Rush Hour. On Thursday, February 25th, ET (Entertainment Tonight) showed an exclusive promo for Rush Hour on their show. The clip is just over a minute long and it really shows the plot and direction of the show, while also honing in on the genre and type of audience the show is trying to reach. The new promo really focuses on action and violence. Many of the shots are involving gun battles or fist fights. Along with that the promo really focuses on comedy. Several punch lines are dropped and several quick instances are comical. I expect that CBS purposely put this promo on ET with the intent to raise awareness and to capture the crowd of people that may be watching ET. ET viewers are usually very interested and informed about movies and since Rush Hour is based on a trilogy of movies, ET’s audience might be interested in watching this new show. I expect more of this promo type stuff to come and I expect some of the actors of the show to make appearances on late night talk shows in the next month.