The Mayor #11

The up and down roller coaster ride of The Mayor’s ratings continued with the seventh episode. The ratings stayed the same at 0.70 for the past three weeks, however, viewership was down 7%. Just this week The Mayor received a huge positive sign for the future of this show when ABC decided to order three more scripts of it. What I have determined from this is a valid point that I have yet to seriously consider. The time slot of 9:30pm is actually quite difficult to manage. The content has always been there with the mayor, critics and fans who consistently tuned in agree that this show was entertaining and holds tons of potential. Good shows fail all the time, it is quite unfortunate; The rollercoaster ride of The Mayor’s ratings certainly made me think that the network was going to toss this project out against there will, for it worked on paper but viewer turnout did not align.  However, the network has clearly agreed with the critics and realized the potential in this project. I look forward to seeing what the next few weeks holds with the time off for Thanksgiving.