The Mayor #9

The fifth episode of The Mayor was a significant episode for all the wrong reasons. This episode was the worst that the show has done so far putting it dead last among ABC’s comedies; There was a 20% decrease in viewership down to approximately 2.3 million and ratings decrease by 15% to an extremely disappointing 0.68. What this statistic is saying is that it is not the time slot that is effecting the show, rather it is the fact that people are tuning in and leaving.  Last week, I stated that a ratings increase was key to the potential renewal of this show. I did not mention that a decrease in ratings could destroy any hope of renewal. Surprisingly, critics are still loving The Mayor and I certainly do agree with them. However, critics praise is simply not enough for a network like ABC to ignore the alarming fact that this show has still not found its audience, that is not to say it is not possible for this to occur later in time, but if the show wants to stay alive, it must at least find some sort of boost in its final episodes to better position itself for renewal season.